Without a doubt, the best defense against any potential business dispute is having an experienced attorney in your corner. Resources such as well-drafted contracts and access to professional legal counsel can help mitigate complex litigation down the road and save the business time and money that could otherwise be profit.
As laws and regulations can be heavily context-dependent, it can be difficult to keep up with all relevant changes as well as ensuring that the business operates smoothly. At Egbert & Barnes, P.C., we strive to provide top quality legal representation and ensure that every single one of our clients is able to focus on what matters most: the continued operation and growth of their business.
Egbert & Barnes, P.C., has significant experience representing and advising individuals and businesses in a wide range of business related matters such as (but not limited to):
- Business Formation
- Business Succession
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate Governance / Compliance
- Private Finance
- Real Estate
- Landlord / Tenant Matters
General Corporate and Business Law
- Helped founders of niche publishing company located in Abington in converting the company from a Pennsylvania limited partnership into a Delaware corporation.
- Advised corporate shareholders of a Pennsylvania business in documenting a line of credit secured by the shareholders’ personal guarantees to a commercial lender.
- Advised Spring House, Pennsylvania investment advisor in the purchase of the business of a competing investment advisor.
- Represented a Spanish publisher in the creation of a US LLC, and in the payment of compensation in equity to the Pennsylvania based owner. This compensation was a combination of equity and carried interests so that the owner’s income tax liability was minimized.
- Advised the founder of a Blue Bell, Pennsylvania business on reducing or eliminating Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax by the transfer of a qualified family-owned business interest (QFOBI) to one or more qualified transferees (his children).
- Counseled a real estate developer in the possible use of funds raised from friends-and-family investors in the construction of multiple single unit apartment buildings.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised a corporate buyer in the acquisition of assets being divested by the seller as a carve-out of a non-core business.
- Advised shareholder with respect to rights and obligations in a negotiated sale of privately held stock in several regional manufacturing concerns
- Counseled fund sponsor in the formation and administration of private equity fund for purchase of distressed debt.
Commercial real estate
- Represented a Jenkintown, Pennsylvania developer in the formation and capitalization of single purpose entity designed to acquire property for the development of a large student housing project.
- Advised a commercial real estate investor in the renegotiation of a commercial lease with a tenant.
- Helped a commercial real estate investor preserve property acquired at judicial tax sale by evicting the former owner.
- Represented Willow Grove, Pennsylvania-based court-appointed receiver of sports and fitness clubs, advised on disposition of real property, workout of mortgage loans, claims of unsecured creditors, and the liquidation of assets for distribution to the secured lender.
- Advised a corporate buyer in the acquisition of the assets of an existing business, including the lease of a distressed real property asset of the seller.
- Represented a commercial lender in documenting real estate and other asset-based financing transactions with the goal of maximizing its ability to recover non-performing properties.
- Helped a Philadelphia commercial real estate developer negotiate the terms of a $10 million construction loan, including loan conversion terms and events of default.
- Provided securities regulatory compliance advice to a suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based FINRA-member securities broker-dealer, including compliance and enforcement matters. Advised broker-dealer with respect to due diligence for PIPE transactions by NASDAQ-listed and OTC issuers.
We are a versatile and effective team of business attorneys, and our results speak for themselves. We cater our services to the needs of every client, whether the client is an individual, startup, investor, large corporation, or a non-profit organization.
Egbert & Barnes, P.C., offers you the knowledge and support that your business needs to continue growing. Do not hesitate to us a call, and schedule your CONSULTATION today.